Warren Buffett’s Q3 Profit Soars By 72%
OMAHA, Nebraska (AP) — Warren Buffett’s company said late Friday its third-quarter profit soared 72% because the value of its investments and derivative contracts increased significantly.
But Buffett has said he believes Berkshire Hathaway’s operating earnings, which exclude the value of its derivatives and investments, are a better measure of the company’s performance.
The conglomerate’s operating earnings declined 11% in the quarter, to $3.4 billion from last year’s $3.8 billion, hampered by a drop in insurance underwriting profits.
Source: USA Today
- Warren Buffett Profits 200% On Chinese Electric Car
- Buffett adds to Wells Fargo, Wal-Mart, IBM holdings – USA Today
- Warren Buffett Annual Meeting Q&A Part 1 – NASDAQ.com
- Ask Matt: What stocks does Warren Buffett own? – USA Today
- Buffett's MidAmerican to Buy NV Energy in $5.6 Billion Deal (2)
Share Warren Buffett's Wisdom:
Warren Buffett News features articles and videos from Warren Buffett. A summary of each video is also provided. This page is updated with Warren Buffett's investment advice and commentary on stock recommendations, the global financial markets, and the economy.